The road to an environmentally friendly home looks cumbersome, expensive and often confusing when we add that many big brand companies are greenwashing their products with misleading marketing. We continue to use plastic products like we have no other option. Often assuming that the environmentally friendly ones are overly priced and difficult to use and integrate into our lives. The truth is, we don’t to do it perfectly right now, we just need everyone to try take small steps into a greener future. Listed below are not necessarily the only available products, but they are the ones I can stand behind because I use them!
(And I’m Not Sponsored by any of them)
- Tru Earth Laundry Detergent – Cardboard packaged concentrated dehydrated laundry detergent strips. 32 loads, that you can tear in half to get even more loads. They reduce their carbon footprint by being light and easier to transport as well as taking up very little room on the trucks.
- Bamboo Toothbrushes– Because every toothbrush you have ever used is still around and will be around long after you are not. Why not switch something that you use so often to wood, and bonus these are often cheaper than conventional plastic toothbrushes.
- Beeswax Wraps – Out with saran, and aluminium for veggies and fruit and cheese. Beeswax wrap does a better job at preserving cheese too, and it doesn’t randomly stick to itself and frustrate you while you are trying to wrap. Need to wrap again, simply wash with soap and cold water and hang to dry. Check out The Enchanted Hive for all your reusable Beeswax wrap needs.
- Planetbox Lunch Containers – My kids have had their aluminium containers since they were in JK. They seem pricy, however, when you look at the overall longevity of it, they still have not broken, 7 years later.
- Thirty one reusable bags – A beautiful option to your grocery store bags.
- Re-usable water bottle – Really any Glass or stainless steel one will do!
- Safety Razor– I love my safety razor, Get one for you in rose gold, and one for the partner in stainless steel! We order blades that are super sharp, and easy to remove and clean after each use. It’s now costing me pennies a shave as opposed to when I was using the brand name plastic razor. (and I feel super sexy doing it, as it’s such a pretty razor).
- Norwex Cloths – Ditch the paper towel, and buy Counter cloths. This was an awesome purchase as it saves so much money. Use a cloth and wash it… Super simple.
Remember we are all in this together and we only have one planet earth. We need to take care of it for the ones that will come after us.
Love, Light, and Brightest Blessings