I love making Rosewater, there are so many benefits. Check out the Recipe HERE. Also find a nice long list of all the other beauty products that you can use your Rosewater in!
Use that beautiful Rosewater into bath bombs
1/2 Cup — Dried rose petals.
2 Cups — Baking Soda
1 Cup — Citric Acid
1/2 Cup — Himalayan Salt (I bought really course salt and had to grind it down a bit.)
1/2 Cup — Epsom salt
1 Cup — Corn Starch
4 Tablespoons — Coconut Oil (liquid)
1 Tablespoon — Jojoba Butter
30 drops — essential oils. I used 10 frankincense, 20 Lavender.
ALSO YOU WILL NEED:
Bath bomb molds
BIG DEEP BOWL!!! (the super fast mixing will make it spill out).
Music! Play your Pumping-est playlist!
READ BELOW ON WHAT ESSENTIAL OILS YOU SHOULD ADD.
- Mix your dry ingredients super well. (baking soda, Rose petals, citric acid, epsom salts, and corn starch).
- Add essential oils to melted coconut oil, then add to the Dry ingredients remember – add slowly, mix fast.
- Slowly mix in your Rosewater with dry ingredients and again pour slowly mix fast.if not then the dry ingredients will prematurely react and you will be left with a non reacting mess).
- Stick your hands in and play with the mixture, does it feel like warm snow? (thats how my son described it, I like it and i’m sticking to it, much like your mixture should be) Does it stick when you squeeze it… if not add a touch more water… like a drop, until it does….
- Use your molds and scoop the mixture into each and squeeze together until they are compressed really tight, squeeze and twist a little until the metal sides meet.
- Use a spoon to tap the mold on each side to release. And Voila You have a bath bomb.
- Set out in a dry area for 24 hours… Remind kids 700 times in the first hour not to touch, cave and let them play with the one that doesn’t look the best.
And there you have it!
Let me know what you think, and how yours turn out.
Get it all on the Amazon SHOPPING LIST HERE (contact your local essential oil rep to get your oils if you don’t have one contact me and I can hook you up!)
Lavender – has both antiseptic, as well as anti-inflammatory properties, with a scent that is naturally calming. Great for before bed, or before a stressful task.
Tea Tree – Reduces the appearance of blemishes & Maintains the appearance of healthy skin and nails.
Eucalyptus – Anti-inflammatory properties, and is great for detoxing the skin.
Peppermint – is an analgesic, as well as anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties. This not only relieves pain, but also calms spasms that cause muscle cramps.
Rosemary -Contains bioactive compounds believed to help with pain.
Stress Away Blend (my all time favourite from young living) – From young livings website “Stress Away™ is the first product to contain the unique stress-relieving combination of Lime and Cedarwood, YLTG essential oils. With an aroma that is the perfect blend of tropical and citrus, Stress Away is uniquely relaxing and comforting. This natural solution was created to combat normal stresses that creep into everyday life.”
Those are my favourite oils to add to bath bombs, I’m sure you will come up with your own amazing blends!
Love, Light and Brightest Blessings